1. Do we have to pray a specific prayer to become a Christian?
- FALSE... We do need to ask for forgiveness and acknowledge Jesus, but there is no magic prayer that can save us...
2. Can anyone become a member of a church without being a Christian?
-TRUE... Being a Christian is based on your relationship with Jesus, not on your membership in a church. For example, There are so many who claim to be Christians and member of the Church, yet do not have a personal relationship with Jesus. They even engage in immoral acts, they become drunkards, and becoming of this world.
3. When we ask for forgiveness from Jesus, does he forgive our past, present and future sins???
-TRUE, why? Simply because when Jesus died on the cross, He already redeemed us from our sins... That's what we call COMPLETE REDEMPTION...
4. If you sell everything and go to Africa to be a missionary, is your salvation guaranteed?
-FALSE... Because the only way to heaven is through Jesus and not by anything we do... Jesus said, "I am the WAY, the TRUTH, and the LIFE, no one comes to the FATHER except through me..." -John 14:6-
"For it is by grace you have been saved through FAITH, it is the gift of God, not by works so that no one can boast..."
- Ephesians 2:8-9 -
5. Once you get saved, and you do something really bad. Do you lose your salvation?
-FALSE... Because Jesus had already forgiven our sins.. there's nothing we can do to take this salvation away...
lets say for example... I did something very bad at home, i would still be the son of my parents. All i have to do is ask for forgiveness to what i have done...
In our Christian life, we have struggles not to sin, but because we are only human, we sometimes commit sin. We have to admit and repent to God of what wrong have we done. And try not to do the same again...
HOPE YOU'VE BEEN BLESSED!
THIS IS MY FIRST POST...
"Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam"
Links for 2017-02-22 [del.icio.us]
2 months ago