Thursday, October 2, 2008

Going with unbelievers...

- The Bible clearly says in II Corinthians 6:14, that we should not be yoked together with the unbelievers. For what do righteousness and wickedness have in common? Or what fellowship can light have with darkness.
-I f we are yoked with bad company, Christians are tempted to do unchristian acts which can lead them away from God.
- We should go with our fellow believers who live by the way of God and not by the way of this world... In Romans 12:2 it says that, Do not conform any longer to the patterns of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind...
- We can be together with the unbelievers by the purpose of loving them and for converting them. NOT to be like them... Jesus did the right thing by loving and mixing with sinners and tax collectors for the purpose of converting them. But he did not yoke, work and live with the same people if they did not believe. Jesus and the Apostles moved on if people did not believe, and met other people, trying to convert them.
- We should be setting example for Non-Christians to see Christians setting the example to practice the ministry instead of giving the impression that it is fine to be part of the world.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello, thank you so much for your comment. There comes a point in time when we as Christians all must decide to live for God or this world. Sometimes it means we have to let go of friends and family who do not believe in God, but God knows what is best for us and we must abide by His will. Wonderful post my new friend in Christ! Blessings!

Lori Laws said...

I'm glad you found my blog! I really love this post, and it goes so well with my post about love, in 1 John. I totally agree with Valerie...sometimes we have to let go of those who don't share our beliefs. I will definitely visit often:) God bless you!!

penlighted said...

Glad you made friend Rikki!

Continue to praise God and use your talent to touch others.

My dad opened the Bible last night during our Bible sharing (just me, my mom, my dad and bro)...we had the verse from Sirach 11 that says be careful when you choose friends...

More blessings rikki!